What can you do with leftover roasted chicken?
Make yourself some really delicious chicken spread. No, this isn’t your usual chicken spread. It’s Filipino-style chicken sandwich spread.
I had some leftover roasted chicken from last night’s dinner and thought I might as well make myself some Filipino-style chicken spread. Yes, it’s Filipino-style when it’s got just the right amount of sweetness from the condensed milk or sugar. It’s so easy to make but tastes really good. You should try making this. Just throw all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and that’s it!
- a cup of leftover roasted chicken, cubed or shredded
- quarter of a cup of chopped celery (you can add more if you want)
- a quarter of a cup or half a cup of carrots, chopped
- a quarter of a cup of white onion, finely chopped
- a tablespoon of condensed milk
- 3/4 – a cup of mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper to taste. You may add a tablespoon more of condensed milk. Spread over toasted baguette or crackers.
For leftover spread, just put in a tightly-sealed container and pop it in the fridge. You can have these stored for up to a week or even up to ten days.