My apologies for the title but I was hoping it’d get your attention. It did! or you wouldn’t be reading this sentence now 🙂 But seriously, that’s what research says on the benefits of singing – that it releases the same feel-good brain chemical as when one is having sex and eating chocolates.
So there I was again, in the shower, reveling in my private concert and belting out Aretha Franklin’s Natural Woman, D’ Sound’s Tattoed On My Mind or Tina Turner’s I Don’t want To Fight. These are huge songs and my personal favorites that I don’t just sing but really belt out! Heck, why not! Nobody’s listening. I have been in this series of shower concerts (Yes! I have a series of concerts! How good does that sound?) for over a week now. If you guys have followed my posts, I have been in a singing frenzy for over a week. I’ve been doing this since I was a little girl but very recently took notice of this secret obsession quite seriously.
It has become a family affair of sorts. My husband and daughter enjoys it as much as I do 🙂
At first it was just one of those things that I really get a kick out of. I got inspired to make a felt hair clip holder after one of my concerts. It’s not done yet but doesn’t it look pretty?
After over a week of singing in the shower, I really have felt pretty good about a lot of things. I thought it was because of the weather or something else until I read a couple of articles on the Health Benefits of Singing:
• Singing improves your mood. It releases the same feel-good brain chemicals as sex and chocolate!
• It is very effective as a stress reliever and improves sleep
• Singing releases pain-relieving endorphins, helping you to forget that painful tooth/knee/whatever
• Encourages Creativity
• Your posture improves
• Lung capacity increases
• Singing clears sinuses and respiratory tubes
• Your mental alertness improves
• Singing tones your facial and stomach muscles
• It boosts your immune system, helping to fight disease and prolonging life expectancy
• Your confidence increases
What are you waiting for? Sing your way to Happiness and Fitness!
P.S. The delicious-looking brownies topped with vanilla ice cream is my own recipe and it really is the Ultimate Warm Brownie Recipe. Try making it and let me know how it goes.