Here’s another easy Valentine’s activity you can do with your kids. We made these heart lollipops yesterday morning and my daughter enjoyed it a lot. Of course she did! She kept tasting the chocolates, saying “I want to taste if it’s sweet”. Now what do you make of that?
On to the lollipops.
You will need:
- heart lollipop mold
- chocolate chips or any good quality chocolate bar
- heart sprinkles
- lollipop sticks
- small treat bags
- curling ribbons
- Melt and temper the chocolates in a stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water. It’s important to properly melt and temper the chocolates because they become crisp, shiny and easy to unmold. Click here and learn how to temper chocolates properly.
3. Put melted chocolate in a piping bag or you can just use a spoon like what I did. I’m not making a lot of lollipops so the spoon works just fine. However, using the piping bag would really make your work faster if you’re planning to make a lot of lollipops.
4. Spoon melted chocolate into the mold. Put a little bit of chocolate to cover the stick.
6. Tap the molds slowly to smoothen the surface and to release any bubbles.
7. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
8. Release the lollipops from the mold by turning it upside down. You shouldn’t have any problems as it will come out easily or you can pull the stick.
8. This is optional but my daughter insisted we add some heart sprinkles to the chocolate lollipops. This is the fun part for her 🙂 As soon as your chocolates come out of the mold, brush a little bit of melted chocolate in the center of the heart and let your child sprinkle hearts on it. I just allowed my daughter to sprinkle all to her hearts content, haha! Oh how she loved it!
There you have your cute little Valentine’s treat. Spread the love this Valentine’s Day by making and giving these cute little heart chocolate lollipops with your kids.